This page is your one stop shop for all SIM conferences, institutes, professional development (PD) sessions, Q&A sessions, webinars, and workshops. We list things as they become available.
If you don't see what you're looking for, please contact us or fill out the Request for SIM Professional Learning Form to schedule a custom session for you or your teachers or to be connected with a SIM Professional Developer.
- June - Oct., 2021 Content Literacy Leadership Institute for Prospective SIM Professional Developers
- Virtual Professional Learning Sessions for Educators:
- Aug. 5, Identifying and Unpacking the Priority TEKS: SIM Course Organizer, online through ESC13 - register at: https://ecampus.esc13.net/login.html workshop # SU2143643
- Aug. 6, A Curriculum Road Map for Students: SIM Unit Organizer, online through ESC13 - register at: https://ecampus.esc13.net/login.html workshop # SU2143644
- Aug. 9-10, Xtreme Reading Institute, online through ESC13 - register at: https://ecampus.esc13.net/login.html workshop # SU2143777 Note: This includes an online Canvas Course and 5 virtual workshops during the year.
- Aug. 10 & 11, 2021 - 11 am- 2:00 pm CST - SIM Virtual Professional Learning: Sentence-level Writing Strategies
- September 27 & 29, 2021 - Word Mapping - A Vocabulary Building Strategy
- FALL 2021 (date TBD) Unit Organizer and Question Exploration with the SMARTER Instructional Cycle
Past Events (2020-21)
July 13-15th, 2021 - SIMposium Virtual Update Conference
May 20th, 2021 - 3:00-4:00 pm CST - Webinar: Accelerate Student Growth with SIM: Prepared, Inspired, Ready to Act
May 5 & 12, 2021 - Webinar Series: What's new with Content Enhancement Routines?
Webinar: Evidence-based Practices for Adolescents with Literacy Challenges (link to video)
with Drs. Irma Brasseur-Hock & Jocelyn Washburn
February 3-4, 2021
Florida SIM Virtual Update Conference
Oct. 1-28, 2020
2020 Northeast SIM Update Conference: Virtual from Virginia